Euphorbia bupleurifolia

Another favourite and very forgiving plant, Euphorbia bupleurifolia has sprung back to life after months of winter dormancy and general neglect. Again I wonder what I've done to deserve this sudden display of foliage and flowers, when I've shown it so little attention over the long winter hiatus.

E. bupleurifolia is a  caudiform with dramatic form and texture.



                                         To add to the display, lovely green flowers.

Comments

I suppose it likes the longer days of March. I had never seen the flowers. They are quite intriguing.
LauraH said…
Love the ridges on the bulb? and the beautiful spring green of the leaves and flowers.
Barry Parker said…
Alain and Laura, Thanks for your comments. I have more strange and wonderful caudiforms coming out of dormancy and will be posting some images of them soon.
MrEspidifen said…
Beautiful bupleurifolia female. I have a male and I am trying to get a female so I can reproduce it but it is sooo expensive and difficult to get a proven female.

Congratulations for your precious plant and sorry for my bad english.

Greetings from Spain!
Barry Parker said…
MrEspidifen, Thanks for your comment. Frankly, I did not know that E.burpleurfolia was dioecious. I now know that my plant is female! A new branch forming at the base of this plant bloomed for the first time tis year.

Popular posts from this blog

Sidewalks of San Francisco

Plants at My Front Door