Firm Favourites.

Here are some of my favourite Hellebores, and you can see from my choice that I am still faithful to some of my oldest plants even when new varieties have been bred with clearer colours, up-facing flowers and doubles.



Two of these are newer O'Byrne hybrids ( the darker double is 'Onyx Odessey' and one with  dark pink veins is  from the 'Cherry Blossom'  seed strain). All the other flowers are from plants that I've had in the garden for 10 years or more.


Clear whites and yellows along with mixes of pink and jade  green.

Comments

LauraH said…
Lovely flowers. a really outstanding collection. Thanks for sharing.
Barry said…
Aahh - one of the true signs of Spring is when the Helleborus make appearances floating in bowls [though I have never had the heart to cut them!] I just got my shipments of doubles in this week and I think I have three left.
Barry Parker said…
Thanks Laura, Hope we have time for a garden visit soon.
Barry Parker said…
Hi Barry,

I'm sure they are just flying off the shelves. Are they O'Byrne hybrids?
Paul Jung said…
Beautiful jewels! There are so many new cultivars, makes my head spin.

Like Barry above, I'd never have the nerve to cut them off!
Barry Parker said…
Hi Aaron,
They are lovely aren't they?
Barry Parker said…
Hi Paul,

The one advantage of cutting the flowers is that you have that much fewer seedlings to weed out next year!

Popular posts from this blog

Plants at My Front Door

Sidewalks of San Francisco