Michel's Garden 2011
I go to Montreal several times a year, usually to attend Rendezvous Horticole, the Spring plant sale at the Jardin Botanigue de Montreal held on the last full weekend in May.
Arriving on the Monday, I missed the sale by one day but enjoyed my stay as it involved a number of events including an evening at the theatre, a tour of the theatre district which is undergoing a major rebuilding, a day trip to the great nursery 'Les Jardin Osiris' and finally seeing Michel's garden at its best in early summer.
Comments
What a delightful garden Michel has created for himself! I am most taken with the P. 'Silver Wings' which has always been a personal favourite. It has reminded me to go and see if my small clump has returned, and is not buried beneath the mass of foliage that is Actaea simplex 'White Pearl'. I cannot believe how everything in along the Shaded Walk has burgeoned beyond imagining! For this I cannot complain about the cool damp weather of the past two months!
'Silver Wings' is a great plant, a personal favourite for me also. Looking in Larry Davidson's catalogue ( yes, I still have a hard copy from 2007) I see that it's a favourite of his too. We're in good company.
Planning a post on Polygonatum, just waiting for P. hookeri to bloom so that I can include it in my pictures.